Observe

A Sunday. I open my eyes. The clock reads six am. A weird push in the stomach and I decide to make myself light before I go back to sleep. Siting on the spot, going through my Facebook news feed in a drowsy manner whilst my bowel system functioned normally (Surprise Surprise), I felt the need to make this morning count. A couple of months more and I would have been in Delhi for a couple of years, and I still hadn't made the most of any morning. Dawn scenes and you would generally find me sleeping or probably studying (the exam season just got over). Apart from a few early morning jogs on campus, I really hadn't explored Delhi mornings. Sunrise, nature trail and just being there all alone, for yourself- who doesn't love this? While having dinner at a fancy cafe last night (Maybe that explains the weird push in the stomach), a casual conversation about Hauz Khas Village (Can Hauz Khas talks ever be casual?) popped up. Tadaa! Hauz Khas Fort- I could go there. Idea popped up while I pooped. Ewww. Who writes like that Mihir? Nevermind.  I pack my laptop, a story book and I'm on my way. The 'Spot' is one fascinating place.
Time lapse. Right now, in the present. I have found myself a quiet spot in these ruins (pretty beautiful though), overlooking the Hauz Khas lake whilst I type. The writing part was a planned activity (hence the laptop) but deciding what to write is something that is a bit harder. I enjoy writing but there is so much build up to this activity in my head that I wonder if this is something that I really want to do? I read that last vague statement again and it confuses me. No doubt it would have left you confused too. But I don't want to delete it. Confusion is good. Ughhhh.


The weather- cold winds, birds chirpping, a visual delight unfolding in front of me and I'm taking deep breaths. This heavy breathing is an indication of satisfaction- nature and the fetishm that comes with it. I've suddenly gone completely blank and I'm thinking about the direction in which I want to take this article. Okay. Something random has 'sprung' up.
The Spring season. Absolutely loving it right now. The IIT's are known for their lush green campuses (they are known for other reasons too). Undoubtedly the campus is a calm and serene place throughout the year (calm, really?) but the true IIT 'colors' are on display right now. It is soooo pretty (please ignore my rather over expressive typing). Earlier, the road from the hostel to college would be one long walk, but now? I look forward to it more than anything else these days. Every shade. You're going to literally find every shade. Just the thought of it and I'm taking deep breaths. Aroused by these 'beauties' I had decided to visit the Mughal gardens. This was a couple of weeks ago. The Mughals and their stories. Ahh. These gardens centered around Rashtrapati Bhavan, are open for a month long period. Everything that I had heard about them (the gardens, not the Mughals) was a mere understatement. Pretty Pretty Pretty. This article (is this an article or a Diary entry maybe?) has had enough (really?) focus on nature and I'm going to take a slight detour (still in Mughal gardens though).


The President of India. He gets to stay in the Rashtrapati Bhavan- access to those gardens throughout the year (although the flowering season is for a short duration) and I felt envious. He would be waking up to that delight, every morning. I too wanted access to those gardens, be all alone. But just then a thought struck my mind. The President might be having a lot of work (accha?) and would probably be lonely in that huge house if you may call it. While he did have the 'privacy' that I desired, he on the other hand would be craving for people to come to those gardens- giving him a homely feel.
Scene two (Article/ Diary entry/ Drama?)- There was a part of the garden that had a fence around it and there was a guard on the other side of the fence fending off the odd man who tried to enter. He was at the centre of the most beautiful part of the garden. Lucky? Not really. Everyone who had come to visit those gardens were with their family and friends whilst this man was there all alone, hoping that he too could be with his family. I'm sure he would going through a lot of emotions (sadness being the prominent one?).

I don't know. These scenes and the thoughts that came with it left me a bit..idk. We basically misunderstand people (in a completely different sense). We tend to assume. We tend to neglect their backgrounds. We judge. Jumping to conclusions. But, let's take a step back. Let's hold on. Let's observe. Just observe. And let us seek happiness in the observation. That's it. The beauty lies in that. 'Jaane kya dikh jaaye'.

The Sun's out there, shining. The lake magnificently reflecting the rays. I need to sign off. I need to observe. I need to. What about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghee Shakkar

D से दिल्ली

S से San Diego