hope

It's been seven days since I got back from Kashmir, nestled between valleys, mountains, and lakes alike. Untouched by civilization and commotion. Could have just said civilization. The acclimatization to higher altitudes was a slow, gradual, and peaceful one. It came as a passing breeze; it's presence was felt, warm and consistent.

Unfortunately, the return has been a sudden one, where some of the vices I had stayed away from in those six days, have made their presence felt again. The use of Instagram being one of them. But before society takes over me completely, there are some things I need to pen down, so that they survive the test of time, independent of me falling prey to this jungle. 

At the end of every one of those six trekking days, our trek leader would ask us what our highlight for that day was. On the penultimate day, the emotions were running high and deep, and everyone was crying in one form or the other, for a reason or more. 

What was the highlight for me, I asked myself.

I had heard this was one of India's prettiest treks, if not the most. I did not see pictures before. I like to have a clean slate in my mind, so that no matter what I see or experience, there is a sense of surprise, and hopefully awe. And there was. Definitely up there in the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. But an important thing to remember here is that we were completely cut off from the world in terms of phone connectivity for six days. An intriguing, stressful, and anxiety inducing experience for every loved one, parents especially. There was enough chatter and resistance thrown my way, and rightly so, to cancel the trek so that there was no emotional spike back home, while I nestled in heavenly beauty. But someone had to cave, and in this case, my parents did, to allow me to experience this, while they went through something I would never know of entirely.

So standing there, by each lake, and under every star, I could only be thankful, and grateful, that I was given the opportunity to live and breathe in this elixir, while a couple of hearts beat faster back home, with only hope pumping through their veins.

Grateful 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghee Shakkar

D से दिल्ली

S से San Diego