The Sky Blue Polo

it appeared on screen, and in my life, for the first time in April that year. It was the summer of two thousand and fourteen, around twelve months before the entrance examination. Given that I was preparing for the JEE, one might imagine that the most enticing thing for me, in that blockbuster, would be the life (style) of someone, post graduation, from the very institute I was training my mind for. But that was far from what caught my attention. Rather, it was a blue polo t-shirt adorned by Arjun Kapoor in 2-States, the portrayal of the real life hero in Chetan Bhagat. The Sky Blue Polo.

I can't recollect what exactly it was about that color, that shade, that drew me to it. All I knew was that I had to get my hands on one of those. That exact shade, neither a tad bit bluer, nor a tad less blue. And get I did. 

College during the day, coaching during the evening, and educating the self during the time that remained, meant that outings, let alone celebrations and special occasions were few. The opportunity to embellish oneself with the Blue never arose. Well, it didn't feel like the moment had come anyway.

I waited, and I prepared. For the examination, and perhaps subconsciously to bleed blue. After months, and years of what I would call hard-work, it was the evening of May 24, two thousand and fifteen. The exam was finally behind me, and my family. I mention family, because it was a combined effort. Keeping conversations to a whisper, and volume to a minimum. Early wake-up calls, and late night pick-ups. The calm during my stress, and the reason I was not a mess. They did it all. And just then, there, that evening, felt right. 

I gathered them around, parents and grandparents, and all I could say, was Thank You. Independent of the result, this was a moment to celebrate. This was a special occasion. It was a day for Vaishali on FC Road (Pune)

It was a day for the Sky Blue Polo.




Prompt

Write about the favorite item of clothing you had, how it looked, and it’s significance to you





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghee Shakkar

D से दिल्ली

S से San Diego