आज तक

today wasn't good
not as I expected
I started off slow
that played with my mind
there were distractions aplenty
the usual 
it was hard to pick myself
uff, gravity
sleep came easy
self-doubt nagging along

I woke up
not for the first time today
brewed some coffee
and (hoping) with it a fresh-mind
sat-upright with a plan in sight
that rhyme was music, though short-lived
they came again, and took me
to a virtual land, far-far away
I left my abode and went for a run
mind, not nagging along

where am I today?
I often forget
where was I before today?
I often forget
what did it take for me to get where I am today?
I often forget
gravity, baby steps, and some coffee
I often forget

for the umpteenth time 
I gave today another go
today was a good day
lest I forget


"Why are you constantly worrying about the next part of your life
 without realizing that you're right in the middle 
of what you used to look forward to?"
~ Anonymous










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghee Shakkar

D से दिल्ली

S से San Diego