Blue  Collar

You see him
With an apron, cap and a bold face
Monotonously repeating;
Four meals a day, that's what we get
Cleanliness, hygiene and affection, is what he provides
Do you 'notice' him?

Why does he rise?
He washes our late night drama,  before our stomachs begin the morning ritual of 'Oh Mamma'
He sweeps away our corridors full of litter, can we really be this bitter?
He washes, he sweeps
Everyday, every damn day!

Why does he rise?
He sits in our fort all day long, to guard us from trespassers high on Old Monk
He sits, he sits
Every day, every damn day!

You see him
With his four seater
Every day;
Breaking our inertia, is what we calculate
Performance is what he delivers
Did you 'derive' that?

Why do they rise?
They are part of our lives; without them we would be on the edge of a knife
They parcel convenience to our door, some would say they are our very own 'Hodor'
They parcel parts of themselves
Every day, every damn day!

We don't exchange the cursory glance
We don't appreciate their existence
We don't.
Every day, every damn day!
Why then, do they rise?

Thank you, Oh yes, Thank you
For those are the only words I can say, the least I ought to say
I probably can't ever make up for what you've done, but I can change, now!

I'll smile when our eyes meet
I'll ask about you when we greet
For you deserve a treat!

I'll acknowledge you, this is long time due
I'll spread the word, let there be whispers of birds
For you inspire me!

You! Yes, you. You college going, self centered being.
You're fortunate enough, entertained enough, looked after enough.
Stop cribbing, just stop.

Look around and smile.
Look around and make them smile.
That's all I'm asking of you; make that curve, spread it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghee Shakkar

D से दिल्ली

S से San Diego